Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dave Neve Dave Neve is offline

Default Page break + text zone = problem

Hello

I am translating a document into English and have a formatting problem.

After a page break in the English document, I copied a Text Zone from the
French document onto the next page and then translated the text.

The text zone has a dark blue background.

But when I looked back at the previous page, there was a thick dark blue
line (probably where the page break line is)

After some attempts to get rid of this, the result is now that the last
paragraph has a dark blue background.

The text zone on the next page is definately having an effect on the

What can I do to stop this please?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Don't use a manual page break. As you've seen, the page break takes on the
formatting of the following paragraph (including shading). Instead, format
the first paragraph on the next page as "Page break before" (Format |
Paragraph | Line and Page Breaks).