Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Becksie

Default Fillin-field

Hi

Hope someone can help me here in a very grey and overcast Edinburgh.

I have set up a Fillin field and then used ref fields to copy this
information into other places in my document. However I want one of this
occurrences to have a different format (Bold 18) than the rest. Without
having to go through each document (108) of them and manually changing them
how can I set my template up so that this one occurence appears differently
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Greg

Becksie,

Use a \* CharFormat switch in that REF field. Format the "R" in "REF"
with the particular format that you want that field to display.

Break,

It may be grey and overcast today, but a delightful city all the same.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Becksie

Thanks Greg

I tried this and hate to say but it didn't work. Here's what I typed:

{REF Name \* CharFormat} with the R bold and 18 point.

Any ideas? Would the number of spaces/inclusion of spaces make any
difference?

Becks

PS: Most definitely a delightful city with a certain buzz about it that is
only possible in Scotland.

"Greg" wrote:

Becksie,

Use a \* CharFormat switch in that REF field. Format the "R" in "REF"
with the particular format that you want that field to display.

Break,

It may be grey and overcast today, but a delightful city all the same.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Greg

Becksie,

By "it didn't work" do you mean the formatting didn't work or that the
field didn't display the reference to the bookmark named "Name?"

Your syntax looks correct. Did you enter the field code delimiters "{
}" with CTRL+F9? You can attach the document to an e-mail and I will
look at it (no macros!!).

I lived in Scotland for 3 years and visited your fair city several
times.