Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Neal_Crocker Neal_Crocker is offline

Default How do I stop Outlook from converting 'a as I type into á using Wo

I am having this annoying problem that when I type ' followed by a character
(ie. 'a') then it converts it to á. I am using Word 2003 as the editor for my
email within outlook. I have checked regional settings etc and not found
anything obvious that controls this behaviour. Any assistance would be
appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Garard Pat Garard is offline

G'Day Neal,

You don't need me to tell you that this should not happen.

Two possibilities:
If it happens ALWAYS, then you may have an Autocorrect set up
If it happens SOMETIMES, then you may be pressing CTRL+'
before the 'a' - this is a design behaviour.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Neal_Crocker" wrote in message
I am having this annoying problem that when I type ' followed by a character
(ie. 'a') then it converts it to á. I am using Word 2003 as the editor for my
email within outlook. I have checked regional settings etc and not found
anything obvious that controls this behaviour. Any assistance would be
appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This indicates that you have enabled an international keyboard layout. Go to
Control Panel | Keyboard (or Regional Options) and make sure you have the
U.S. (or U.K.) keyboard selected.

"Neal_Crocker" wrote in message
I am having this annoying problem that when I type ' followed by a

character
(ie. 'a') then it converts it to á. I am using Word 2003 as the editor for

my
email within outlook. I have checked regional settings etc and not found
anything obvious that controls this behaviour. Any assistance would be
appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Neal_Crocker Neal_Crocker is offline

Default How do I stop Outlook from converting 'a as I type into á usin

Thanks for the assistance Pat & Suzanne,
The problem is gone now.
I live in Australia, and the regioanl settings are for AUS, and I changed
the Keyboard to US instead of International and it seems to have gone away.
Thanks.
Regards
Neal.