Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
mizzh mizzh is offline

Default how to recover a currupt file

I am on microsoft word with vista.I have saved a file onto my usb and tried
to open it again and the bottom half of the file is coming up in a series of
numbers and letters. Corrupt? Can you help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Don't try to open it directly from the USB drive. Copy it to the internal HD
and then open it. Beyond that, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm

"mizzh" wrote in message
I am on microsoft word with vista.I have saved a file onto my usb and tried
to open it again and the bottom half of the file is coming up in a series
of
numbers and letters. Corrupt? Can you help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

The first thing you need to know is that you shouldn't open a file from
removeable media or save a file directly to removeable media. Doing so is
just asking to corrupt that file.

I assume you don't have another copy of that file?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"mizzh" wrote in message
I am on microsoft word with vista.I have saved a file onto my usb and tried
to open it again and the bottom half of the file is coming up in a series
of
numbers and letters. Corrupt? Can you help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Never save Word to any type of removable media. Always save to your local
HDD and then COPY to the rem media. You unfortunately have learnt the hard
way as it sounds like you have a corrupted file.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

currupt files hines New Users 1 December 1st 07 05:52 PM
How do I recover a file? Idaho Word Man Microsoft Word Help 0 November 30th 06 08:58 PM
I saved an empty docum o a file. How do I recover that file? nirnir Microsoft Word Help 1 November 6th 05 07:25 AM
I need to locate/recover a file that I replaced with another file bstag Microsoft Word Help 1 March 13th 05 08:04 AM
Currupt word attachments Pete Microsoft Word Help 1 January 17th 05 01:27 PM