majority

Default how do you activate document templates preview window?

Can anyone please tell me how to activate preview window for Word templates
Graham Mayor

If you mean in the file new dialog, the preview window requires a preview
setting to be flagged in the template in question. Open the template for
editing, then - file properties check the save preview box then save the
template. (You may have to type a character in the text space and delete it
before Word sees a change to be saved).

majority wrote:
Can anyone please tell me how to activate preview window for Word
templates

template. (You may have to type a character in the text space and delete
it
before Word sees a change to be saved).

No, if you even *view* the file Properties (without changing them), Word
registers this as a change.

majority wrote:
Can anyone please tell me how to activate preview window for Word
templates

It's probably an overstatement to say "if you just view the Properties,"
since I suspect that doesn't dirty the document. But when I view the
Properties it's usually to look at the Statistics tab, which causes Word to
analyze the document and, as it were, "update fields," and that DOES dirty
the doc.