mattie

Default Adding different headers within one doc

HI!
I am trying to add a header for every other page in my 19 page document.
For example: one page would be dog, cat and then on the following page would
be bird, fish.....but I can't get this to work.

I've used the help function in Word, and tried to do section breaks to make
it work, but it is not working. It's like my section will not change from the
orginal. I have looked at it in normal view, and there are several different
section breaks, that I am terribly confused about the whole thing!

FYI, if it helps any, I am just formatting text that someone emailed me in a
Word Document. Is this why I am having trouble adding the different headers?

Thanks in advance!!
Pat Garard

G'Day Mattie,

Based on what you have written, you need to:

1. Remove all Section breaks (that YOU have inserted).

2. View Header and Footer for the first Page (Page 1 - Odd).

3. There is a button for "Page Setup" on the Header and Footer
toolbar - click it and go to the "Layout" Tab. Under Headers
and Footers CHECK the box "Different Odd and Even".

4. You now need to put in the Headers/Footers that you want
for Page 1 (Odd) and Page 2 (Even) - these will propagate
through the document on the other Odd/Even pages.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"mattie" wrote in message
HI!
I am trying to add a header for every other page in my 19 page document.
For example: one page would be dog, cat and then on the following page would
be bird, fish.....but I can't get this to work.

I've used the help function in Word, and tried to do section breaks to make
it work, but it is not working. It's like my section will not change from the
orginal. I have looked at it in normal view, and there are several different
section breaks, that I am terribly confused about the whole thing!

FYI, if it helps any, I am just formatting text that someone emailed me in a
Word Document. Is this why I am having trouble adding the different headers?

Thanks in advance!!

mattie

Pat!

Thank you, that was exactly what I needed! One question that my tiny mind
can't figure out is I don't need any header at all on the first page, but it
keeps showing up on there, even if I change the page setup.

Any ideas?

"mattie" wrote in message
HI!
I am trying to add a header for every other page in my 19 page document.
For example: one page would be dog, cat and then on the following page would
be bird, fish.....but I can't get this to work.

I've used the help function in Word, and tried to do section breaks to make
it work, but it is not working. It's like my section will not change from the
orginal. I have looked at it in normal view, and there are several different
section breaks, that I am terribly confused about the whole thing!

FYI, if it helps any, I am just formatting text that someone emailed me in a
Word Document. Is this why I am having trouble adding the different headers?

Thanks in advance!!

Pat Garard

G'Day (Again) Mattie,

3. There is a button for "Page Setup" on the Header and Footer
toolbar - click it and go to the "Layout" Tab. Under Headers
and Footers CHECK the box "Different Odd and Even".

- also - CHECK the box "Different First Page".

4. You now need to put in the Headers/Footers that you want
for Page [1] 3 (Odd) and Page 2 (Even) - these will propagate
through the document on the other Odd/Even pages.

- also - Leave the "First Page Header" blank.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

news