Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] sven@frozensun.net is offline

Default Issue with DOCPROPERTY field inside LINK field

Hello,

I have some Documents including LINK fields to Excelfiles.
To avoid the problem with absolute paths I followed Cindy Meisters tips
to use a DOCPROPERTY field inside the LINK field and a custom property
containing the directory of the file.

This works fine however there is an issue. When I refresh the LINK
field, my DOCPROPERTY field is replaced with a string containing the
content of my custom property. So I loose my dynamic behavior.

Perhaps someone knows the problem and could help me. I also hope Cindy
is finding my post. She seems to use this methode very often so I'm
sure she was confronted with this problem to.

Best regards,
Sven

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] sven@frozensun.net is offline

Good morning

When pressing Alt+F9 my fileds are looking like this

{ LINK Excel.Sheet.8 "{ DOCPROPERTY Datenpfad }Tabelle.xls" \a \f 0
\p }

where Datenpfad is a custom property containing some string like
c:\\dokumente\\

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] sven@frozensun.net is offline

and my problem is that after refreshing the fields my fileds look like
this

{ LINK Excel.Sheet.8 "C:\\Dokumente\\Tabelle.xls" \a \f 0 \p }

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] sven@frozensun.net is offline

with the cursor somewhere between the "...", hit SHIFT-F9 (just to see
that the field is indeed gone (that's what I meant in the German forum :-)).

I will answer youn in the german forum to

well it is a little bit confusing...

I tried it with shif+f9 and he showed me the field in one of two link
fields...
the text I get from the DOCPROPERTY field was inside some greyed
brackets

after pressing undo and refreshing again it worked for none of them
it is really frustating