Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Celeste Celeste is offline

Default Windows Mail - Vista - Can I do an email Mail Merge with Windows M

When I create my document in Word 07, and proceed to do the mail merge for
emails, the email prompt is not highlighted. If I just have Windows Mail
which came with this package, can I do an email mail merge? I have changed my
defaults to Windows Mail as recommended. thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I believe so.

You may need to set up some registry entries. See, e.g.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918792/en-us

(it's the same for some earlier versions of Word)

and/or

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0002.htm

(If you happen to be running a 64-bit version of Vista you might need to put
the entries described in there under the following registry key as well (or
instead):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\ Windows Messaging
Subsystem
)
--
Peter Jamieson