sharonwilliams71

Default How to add a signature to a template

How do you save the electronic signature as an Auto Text entry?

Sharon Williams
900 19th Street, NW Suite 600
Washington, DC 20006
202-312-5783

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Scan your signature into a graphics app, clean it up as needed, crop to
minimum size, and save in a print-friendly format such as EPS or TIF. Then
use Insert | Picture | From File to insert it in your template (In Line With
Text will be best). You might also want to save the picture as an AutoText
entry for ease of insertion in other documents.

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org

"scatz22" wrote in message
I wish to add my personal signature to a template, I thought of writing it
and then scanning but get lost from there, any ideas?

Charles Kenyon

You can save any graphic, including a scanned signature as an AutoText entry
by selecting it and adding it to your AutoText. See create or change an
AutoText Entry in help. Note, you can save AutoText in shared files. See
http://addbalance.com/word/movetotemplate.htm for step-by-step instructions
on moving / sharing / copying / backing-up customizations including
AutoText, AutoCorrect, keyboard assignments, toolbars, macros, etc.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"sharonwilliams71" wrote in
message ...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Scan your signature into a graphics app, clean it up as needed, crop to
minimum size, and save in a print-friendly format such as EPS or TIF.
Then
use Insert | Picture | From File to insert it in your template (In Line
With
Text will be best). You might also want to save the picture as an
AutoText
entry for ease of insertion in other documents.

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org
so
all may benefit.

"scatz22" wrote in message
I wish to add my personal signature to a template, I thought of writing
it
and then scanning but get lost from there, any ideas?

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/AutoText.htm. To answer your
other question, you can't secure it. Anything that can be viewed or printed
can be copied, one way or another. You could convert the document to PDF and
not permit copying or printing, but users could still take a screen shot.
You can't make a digital *graphic* signature any more secure that an actual
written signature (which can be scanned); there are other types of digital
signatures (encryption) that are more secure.

"sharonwilliams71" wrote in
message ...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Scan your signature into a graphics app, clean it up as needed, crop to
minimum size, and save in a print-friendly format such as EPS or TIF.

Then
use Insert | Picture | From File to insert it in your template (In Line

With
Text will be best). You might also want to save the picture as an

AutoText
entry for ease of insertion in other documents.

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"scatz22" wrote in message
I wish to add my personal signature to a template, I thought of

writing it
and then scanning but get lost from there, any ideas?

Charles Kenyon

No. Not in Word. Not really in any computer application although pdf is
somewhat more secure. If it can be seen, it can be copied.

For security, you need digital signatures, that is encryption signatures.
Look up pretty good privacy.