Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeeKal DeeKal is offline

Default Picture replaced with red X in HTM document

I'm having a problem with a graphic in HTM documents. I insert the graphic
file into the Word document (Word 2003) and save the file as an HTM. When I
send the file to my coworker and she opens the HTM file, a box with a red X
appears where the graphic should be. I tried inserting the TIF file using
Insert, Picture, From File, and I also tried inserting the Adobe Illustrator
file using Insert, Object, thinking that it would be embedded, but both
options don't work. Is there a way I can insert the graphic into the document
so that it will appear when someone else opens the file?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Poprivet Poprivet is offline

DeeKal wrote:
I'm having a problem with a graphic in HTM documents. I insert the
graphic file into the Word document (Word 2003) and save the file as
an HTM. When I send the file to my coworker and she opens the HTM
file, a box with a red X appears where the graphic should be. I tried
inserting the TIF file using Insert, Picture, From File, and I also
tried inserting the Adobe Illustrator file using Insert, Object,
thinking that it would be embedded, but both options don't work. Is
there a way I can insert the graphic into the document so that it
will appear when someone else opens the file?

You have to also send the picture separately. Also she'll have to recreate
the same directory structure you have in order for it to work. If they're
both inthe same folder, then that's what she whould do. If not, then she
needs to create the same folder structure it came from. Best to put it in
the same folder as the html file.

You need to read more about graphics in html; graphics can not be embedded
into HTML; only linked to.

HTH
Pop`

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Don Don is offline

?B?RGVlS2Fs?= wrote in
:

I'm having a problem with a graphic in HTM documents. I insert the
graphic file into the Word document (Word 2003) and save the file as
an HTM. When I send the file to my coworker and she opens the HTM
file, a box with a red X appears where the graphic should be. I tried
inserting the TIF file using Insert, Picture, From File, and I also
tried inserting the Adobe Illustrator file using Insert, Object,
thinking that it would be embedded, but both options don't work. Is
there a way I can insert the graphic into the document so that it will
appear when someone else opens the file?

The red X appears because the path statement to the file location is
invalid.
The most common cause for this is NOt having a folder structure on your
local machine that duplicates your websites folder structure. (Your
website will not link to "My Documents" on your local machine.

Web pages and images were intended to be displayed with very small JPG's
or even smaller GIF's.
Most browsers or even visitors computers will not open TIF's which BTW
are generally very large in file size. In the event that you actually
desire to pass on a TIF, a reliable alternative is placing the file in a
ZIP format.(even though it will not compress that much).