Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Laura Laura is offline

Default Word 2003 doc damaged by file compression

I sent a Word 2003 document to a zipped folder and attached the zipped folder
to an email. The zipped file was incomplete, truncated to 2 paragraphs from
the original 13 pages, including about 10 jpeg photos. I went back to the
original document and it had also lost the last 12 pages! Any way to get the
file back? I did not have "always create a backup copy" turned on, and "open
and repair" in the Open file pull down menu doesn't fix it.

I don't know if this is related, but something is seriously hanging up my
Outlook email after I open and read several emails.

Thanks in advance for any help on helping me find the missing 12 pages.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

File compression should not affect the document or its backup which should
be in the same folder as the original (though you only get a backup if you
save twice), so the issue appears related to your methodology. How did you
'send to' the zip folder? I would urge to save documents to the hard drive
then zip them outside Word, using a third party zip tool such as WinZip or
WinRar.

If you have saved the document with the pages missing and don't have a
backup that contains them, then the file is lost.

The Outlook issue is probably coincidental. If repairing doesn't fix it, ask
in an Outlook forum.