dcn1396

Default Headers in Word

Is there a way to have a slightly different header on each page? I have a
document where we are using track changes. On every page that has changed we
want to put "change 1" in the header.
--
-Dave
Richard Neville

The only way to have a different header on each page is to make each page a
separate section, and that may cause more problems than it solves,
especially if the location of the page breaks should change.

"dcn1396" wrote in message
Is there a way to have a slightly different header on each page? I have a
document where we are using track changes. On every page that has changed
we
want to put "change 1" in the header.
--
-Dave

Jay Freedman

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 10:41:02 -0800, "dcn1396"
wrote:

Is there a way to have a slightly different header on each page? I have a
document where we are using track changes. On every page that has changed we
want to put "change 1" in the header.

Hi Dave,

This is very difficult in Word. The text of the header is a property
of the section, not of the page. The alternatives are (1) place a
section break before and after each changed page -- generally a bad
idea -- or (2) place the change notice in a text box or frame that's
anchored in the page text but positioned in the header area.

You might be able to do something with a StyleRef field, but anything
you want it to show in the header area would also have to appear in
the page text, so that's more trouble than it's worth.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

How can I divide a page into three sections? Bonnie Microsoft Word Help 3 May 8th 23 02:47 AM
macro in word js Microsoft Word Help 1 December 28th 04 03:01 AM
Word 2003 - Headers mebskivt Microsoft Word Help 2 December 28th 04 01:32 AM
saving the workspace Mike Microsoft Word Help 3 December 8th 04 11:32 PM
Locking headers and footers in word €“ ASAP Selina Microsoft Word Help 1 December 1st 04 03:16 PM