Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Word 2007 File paths Word 2007 File paths is offline

Default How do I get my shared templates to show up in Word 2007

My company just upgraded to Word 2007 and I can't find where to set the file
locations for template files. I used Toolsoptionsfile locations in the old
version.
What happened to this setting in 2007?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Click the Office button Word Options Advanced and scroll all the way to
the bottom, then click the File Locations button. That gets you to the same
old dialog.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Word 2007 File paths wrote:
My company just upgraded to Word 2007 and I can't find where to set
the file locations for template files. I used Toolsoptionsfile
locations in the old version.
What happened to this setting in 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John Butler John Butler is offline

I am still learning my way around Word 2007 so my information is limited. In
my case the Word Templates in Word 2007 for my are set by the installation
in
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates.
Templates that you create are stored in My Documents in the folder you
choose.

wrote in message ...
My company just upgraded to Word 2007 and I can't find where to set the
file
locations for template files. I used Toolsoptionsfile locations in the
old
version.
What happened to this setting in 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John Butler John Butler is offline

Jay

Thanks for the tip. It is a pity that the actual location is not shown fully
as it used to be.

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Click the Office button Word Options Advanced and scroll all the way
to the bottom, then click the File Locations button. That gets you to the
same old dialog.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.

Word 2007 File paths wrote:
My company just upgraded to Word 2007 and I can't find where to set
the file locations for template files. I used Toolsoptionsfile
locations in the old version.
What happened to this setting in 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

The File Location dialog has never been wide enough to show even a
moderate-length path; we've always had to click the Modify button and look
at the dropdown in the Modify dialog (and be careful not to change the
setting while looking at it).

The pity is that many other dialogs in 2007 that display file paths have
been made either expandable, or fixed width but much wider. This one remains
untouched from 2003 and before. From the way it's buried under a button at
the bottom of the Advanced tab, I suspect the developers thought --
incorrectly -- that nobody ever looks at it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

John Butler wrote:
Jay

Thanks for the tip. It is a pity that the actual location is not
shown fully as it used to be.

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Click the Office button Word Options Advanced and scroll all the
way to the bottom, then click the File Locations button. That gets
you to the same old dialog.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

Word 2007 File paths wrote:
My company just upgraded to Word 2007 and I can't find where to set
the file locations for template files. I used Toolsoptionsfile
locations in the old version.
What happened to this setting in 2007?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cinda Cinda is offline

Microsoft has provided an interactive guide to show you where the 2003
commands have moved to in 2007. I haven't looked at it yet as I've
just started using 2007...but I know I'll need to.

Here's the link for future reference: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...744321033.aspx

Cinda