Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
natan natan is offline

Default Columns on first page of template only

I am designing a Memo template for my office using Microsoft word 2007 on
windows xp. In the top of the template I have a header with our office logo
centered. Along the left side of the page i have text that includes all the
office locations, and address information. The editable body of the
template starts to the right of this left column of text. I don't want the
office list and address text on the left column to be editable. In my
template i inserted a column break, and made only the section after the break
editable. the problem i am having is that if the body of the document
extends beyond one page, the second page text has the same format of a 2"
column on the left and then a 5.5" column in the center of the page. I would
like the second page and all subsequent pages to only have one column. This
may be a little hard to imagine, so i would be happy to email you the .dot
file for your review if you think you can help. I appreciate any advice you
might have.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

There are better ways to do this; see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm (More Complex Letterhead)