Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Formatting the table after Insert Database

As far as I know, apart from the standard table formatting capabilities that
you can specify in the Insert Database dialog, all you can do is
a. very basic formatting so that you select the font for the entire table,
by showing the field code (e.g. Alt-F9, adding \*CharFormat to the end of
the field, then formatting the field how you want.

I have had less success using the \*Mergeformat switch instead (format some
of the result text, reveal the field code, insert the switch, and try
re-executing the field). A problem is that if the record count changes, so
can the layout. Also, things can go wrong if the table spans more than one
page.

But if you haven't tried those things, perhaps they will give you some of
what you need.

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Bob Alhat" wrote in message
Word 2007, Win XP Pro:

As part of my merge I need to Insert a Table (as a field).

Whatever I set in the merge letter is ignored (mostly) in the results; the
default font of the letter template is Verdana, which I use on the table
on insertion. In the results, anything below Row 2 (Header Row & first row
of data) defaults to Times New Roman, the column widths in the 'added'
rows are anyone's guess.

Any help most welcome...

Bob
UK