Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Uddhava

Default Untidy Text

Dear all,

I have MS Word 2002. Tidy text means one space between each word like this
across the length of a iine. However when I copy
text from a web page it sometimes
comes out like this ie with multiple spaces between words
and
short lines . Or this might happen when
the text I am copying for example here
http://ccbs.ntu.edu.tw/FULLTEXT/JR-PHIL/inada4.htm has short lines
or blank
space at the
start of a line (indentation).

Is there some way to correct this? What I want the text to do is to run
together ie to have one space between each line / cut out empty space and to
fill the length of the line. Is there some way to define these conditions for
a block of text? I have a tried a few things but no success, so I am having
to do corrections manually, which in a long document takes forever. Any
suggestions?

Thank you