Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
cayce

Default autoshape text wrapping

I am trying to wrap text around one text box that will straddle 2 text boxes
behind it. I am using Word 97. The built in Word help states:
"You can choose how you want text to wrap around a graphic or text box. For
example, you can place a graphic between columns of text and still retain the
column format.
To wrap text around a graphic or text box, select the graphic or the text
box, click AutoShape on the Format menu, click the Wrapping tab, and then
select the wrapping options you want. "

The problem: there is no Autoshape on the Format menu. There is a "Set
Autoshape Default" when I right click on the text box border. When I do this,
I get no dialogue box. In fact, nothing happens. I had set the Format Text
Box, text wrapping tab to Square and both sides, but this has no effect.

Any ideas on how to deal with this?

thanks