Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
akkrug akkrug is offline

Default Set up a toolbar that will apply formatting to paragrahps or selec

How do I set up a toolbar with buttons that will apply custom formatting to a
Word doc (either the whole paragraph or just selected text) when the buttons
are pressed?

Thanks for the help!

Ken K.
--
akkrug
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

akkrug was telling us:
akkrug nous racontait que :

How do I set up a toolbar with buttons that will apply custom
formatting to a Word doc (either the whole paragraph or just selected
text) when the buttons are pressed?

Thanks for the help!

Try this page:

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...barcontent.htm

--
______________________________
Jean-Guy Marcil

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Set up a toolbar that will apply formatting to paragrahps or select

Investigate STYLES. There's a good tutorial explaining styles here
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/index.html

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"akkrug" wrote in message
How do I set up a toolbar with buttons that will apply custom formatting
to a
Word doc (either the whole paragraph or just selected text) when the
buttons
are pressed?

Thanks for the help!

Ken K.
--
akkrug

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
akkrug akkrug is offline

Default Set up a toolbar that will apply formatting to paragrahps or s

That helped alot, but what do I have to do to get the style to apply to the
whole paragraph without selecting all of the text?

Thanks again!!

Ken K.
--
akkrug

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

akkrug was telling us:
akkrug nous racontait que :

How do I set up a toolbar with buttons that will apply custom
formatting to a Word doc (either the whole paragraph or just selected
text) when the buttons are pressed?

Thanks for the help!

Try this page:

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...barcontent.htm

--
______________________________
Jean-Guy Marcil
Montreal, Canada

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Providing it is a paragraph style, if the insertion point is anywhere in the
paragraph and you select the style, it is applied to the whole paragraph.
You only get problems if you have selected part of the paragraph and then
change the style.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"akkrug" wrote in message
That helped alot, but what do I have to do to get the style to apply to
the
whole paragraph without selecting all of the text?

Thanks again!!

Ken K.
--
akkrug

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

akkrug was telling us:
akkrug nous racontait que :

How do I set up a toolbar with buttons that will apply custom
formatting to a Word doc (either the whole paragraph or just selected
text) when the buttons are pressed?

Thanks for the help!

Try this page:

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...barcontent.htm

--
______________________________
Jean-Guy Marcil
Montreal, Canada

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
akkrug akkrug is offline

Thanks Terry. Guess it has been awhile since I did any Word projects. I am
trying to add a button to a toolbar that will apply formatting to the text
I'm not sure what I'm missing. I am selecting Add/Remove Buttons, customize,
commands, format, style and that is where my choices stop. How do I select
the style I want the button to apply? When I drag the button to the tool bar
it has the wrong style on it.

Thanks again for the help!!

Ken K.
--
akkrug

"akkrug" wrote in message
That helped alot, but what do I have to do to get the style to apply to
the
whole paragraph without selecting all of the text?

Thanks again!!

Ken K.
--
akkrug

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

akkrug was telling us:
akkrug nous racontait que :

How do I set up a toolbar with buttons that will apply custom
formatting to a Word doc (either the whole paragraph or just selected
text) when the buttons are pressed?

Thanks for the help!

Try this page:

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...barcontent.htm

--
______________________________
Jean-Guy Marcil
Montreal, Canada

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You need Customize | Commands | Styles (not Format), then select the desired
style and drag it to the toolbar.

http://word.mvps.org

"akkrug" wrote in message
That helped alot, but what do I have to do to get the style to apply to
the
whole paragraph without selecting all of the text?

Thanks again!!

Ken K.
--
akkrug

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

akkrug was telling us:
akkrug nous racontait que :

How do I set up a toolbar with buttons that will apply custom
formatting to a Word doc (either the whole paragraph or just
selected
text) when the buttons are pressed?

Thanks for the help!

Try this page:

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...barcontent.htm

--
______________________________
Jean-Guy Marcil
Montreal, Canada

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default Set up a toolbar that will apply formatting to paragrahps or so

You don't: well you can but why reinvent the wheel! Which version of Words
are you using? If it is Word 2003, open the Style Pane to display the list
of available styles: just click on the one you need. If you generally use
just a few styles, you can add a shortcut key to a style in the edit dialog.

Terry

"akkrug" wrote in message
That helped alot, but what do I have to do to get the style to apply to
the
whole paragraph without selecting all of the text?

Thanks again!!

Ken K.
--
akkrug

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

akkrug was telling us:
akkrug nous racontait que :

How do I set up a toolbar with buttons that will apply custom
formatting to a Word doc (either the whole paragraph or just
selected
text) when the buttons are pressed?

Thanks for the help!

Try this page:

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...barcontent.htm

--
______________________________
Jean-Guy Marcil
Montreal, Canada

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
akkrug akkrug is offline

Thanks Suzanne! I got one button working. When I added a second button, it
doesn't seem to do anything when it is pressed. I know the style (bodycopy)
is ok because I can toggle between the 2 styles in the styles by clicking in
the formatting pane. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?
Have a great weekend!

Ken K. - 2191

"akkrug" wrote in message
That helped alot, but what do I have to do to get the style to apply to
the
whole paragraph without selecting all of the text?

Thanks again!!

Ken K.
--
akkrug

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

akkrug was telling us:
akkrug nous racontait que :

How do I set up a toolbar with buttons that will apply custom
formatting to a Word doc (either the whole paragraph or just
selected
text) when the buttons are pressed?

Thanks for the help!

Try this page:

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...barcontent.htm

--
______________________________
Jean-Guy Marcil
Montreal, Canada

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

No, I have no idea. I have only a single template that has such a toolbar,
with a dozen or so styles, and they all work correctly.

http://word.mvps.org

"akkrug" wrote in message
That helped alot, but what do I have to do to get the style to apply
whole paragraph without selecting all of the text?

Thanks again!!

Ken K.
--
akkrug

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

akkrug was telling us:
akkrug nous racontait que :

How do I set up a toolbar with buttons that will apply custom
formatting to a Word doc (either the whole paragraph or just
selected
text) when the buttons are pressed?

Thanks for the help!

Try this page:

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...barcontent.htm

--
______________________________
Jean-Guy Marcil
Montreal, Canada

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
akkrug akkrug is offline

I'm officially an idiot. I think I was basing my styles on whatever the
previous syle I had selected. No wonder they didn't work!!

Thanks again for all the help.

Ken K. - 2191
--
akkrug

"akkrug" wrote in message
That helped alot, but what do I have to do to get the style to apply
whole paragraph without selecting all of the text?

Thanks again!!

Ken K.
--
akkrug

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

akkrug was telling us:
akkrug nous racontait que :

How do I set up a toolbar with buttons that will apply custom
formatting to a Word doc (either the whole paragraph or just
selected
text) when the buttons are pressed?

Thanks for the help!

Try this page:

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...barcontent.htm

--
______________________________
Jean-Guy Marcil
Montreal, Canada

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Is it better to be an idiot officially or unofficially? g Glad you figured
out what the problem was, anyway!

http://word.mvps.org

"akkrug" wrote in message
That helped alot, but what do I have to do to get the style to
apply
whole paragraph without selecting all of the text?

Thanks again!!

Ken K.
--
akkrug

"Jean-Guy Marcil" wrote:

akkrug was telling us:
akkrug nous racontait que :

How do I set up a toolbar with buttons that will apply custom
formatting to a Word doc (either the whole paragraph or just
selected
text) when the buttons are pressed?

Thanks for the help!

Try this page:

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...barcontent.htm

--
______________________________
Jean-Guy Marcil
Montreal, Canada

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
akkrug akkrug is offline

Probably unofficially so I could deny being one :O) Thanks again for all the
help. Have a great weekend!!!!

Ken K. - 2191
--
akkrug

"akkrug" wrote in message
That helped alot, but what do I have to do to get the style to
apply
whole paragraph without selecting all of the text?

Thanks again!!

Ken K.
--
akkrug