akkrug

Default Page Number in Footer / on Page

One of our users wants the page # in a fillable Word form we did for them to
display the page number in the following format: Page x of xx. They are not
sure how many pages the form will be when they are done. How can I do this
when Word will not permit the page # to be outside of the footer or form
fields to be used in the footer?

Thanks.

Ken K. - 2191
--
akkrug
Charles Kenyon

The NumPages field (used in Page X of Y) calculates this when printing. For
more on complex page numbering, which this is _not_, take a look at
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Number...eNumbering.htm. For even more,
see http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Page_Numbering.htm.

What you are talking about is what Word calls an "online form." For more
about online forms, follow the links at
http://addbalance.com/word/wordwebresources.htm#Forms or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm especially Dian
Chapman's series of articles. You may also want to look at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...nesInForms.htm.

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon