Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Alan Silver Alan Silver is offline

Default How do I avoid wasting space with a large picture in my document?

Hello,

I have a Word document (Word 2003 if it makes any difference), and I
want to insert a flowchart that I created in PowerPoint as a picture.
The flowchart is pretty much the full size of a sheet of paper.

My problem is that if I insert the picture, it goes into the text where
I inserted it. Normally this is exactly what I want, but in this case, I
would prefer it if the text before and after the picture would move
around to fill up the space before the picture, rather than leaving a
(potentially) large amount of space on the last page before the picture.

Can this be done? If so, how?

I hope this is clear. If anyone has any ideas, I would be very grateful.

TIA

--
Alan Silver
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Alan

Instead of inserting the 'picture or graphic' in line, right-click and
select Format Picture (or Object) and choose one of the wrapping options
(Square is a good choice). Then you can move the graphics up or down the
document and the text will reflow around it.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"Alan Silver" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a Word document (Word 2003 if it makes any difference), and I want
to insert a flowchart that I created in PowerPoint as a picture. The
flowchart is pretty much the full size of a sheet of paper.

My problem is that if I insert the picture, it goes into the text where I
inserted it. Normally this is exactly what I want, but in this case, I
would prefer it if the text before and after the picture would move around
to fill up the space before the picture, rather than leaving a
(potentially) large amount of space on the last page before the picture.

Can this be done? If so, how?

I hope this is clear. If anyone has any ideas, I would be very grateful.

TIA

--
Alan Silver

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Alan Silver Alan Silver is offline

In article , Terry
Farrell writes
Alan

Instead of inserting the 'picture or graphic' in line, right-click and
select Format Picture (or Object) and choose one of the wrapping
options (Square is a good choice). Then you can move the graphics up or
down the document and the text will reflow around it.

Hmm, I tried that, but it didn't seem to work. I'll have to try it again
and see what happens.

Thanks for the reply

--
Alan Silver