Michael

Default can't open wps file

I can't seem to open any files in the .wps format (I think this is MS Works).
Is there an easy way to do this?

When I try to open them up in MS Word, it comes out as jibberish.

garfield-n-odie

What version of Word? What version of Works? Works word processing
files all have a .wps extension, but the format of .wps files has
changed in successive versions. All versions of Word come with some
kind of file converter for Works .wps files (Word 2000 comes with a
Works 4.0 .wps converter, Word 2002 comes with a Works 7.0 .wps
converter, etc.) that you can install from the Word/Office CD. A Works
6.0 .wps converter can be downloaded from the Microsoft website.

Michael wrote:
I can't seem to open any files in the .wps format (I think this is MS Works).
Is there an easy way to do this?

When I try to open them up in MS Word, it comes out as jibberish.

Graham Mayor

You need the correct Works filter. Most of the old ones are linked from the
downloads page of my web site.

Michael wrote:
I can't seem to open any files in the .wps format (I think this is MS
Works). Is there an easy way to do this?

When I try to open them up in MS Word, it comes out as jibberish.

inja

Hi, I had this problem at work i use works word processor at home and word at
work when i transferred files from home to work it came out jibberish to
solve the problem i resaved the works file in a rich text format this sorted
it out