Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steven Steven is offline

Default MathType Tool Bar does not appear on ribbon of Office 2007 Ultimat

I upgraded to Office 2007 Ultimate today from Office 2003. I had MathType
loaded in old Office and it was supposed to appear as a ribbon item after I
upgraded today. I can't find it anywhere but if I load an old math paper
already completed and right click to edit, a very small task bar appears
minus the work table and I have to accomplish my work on the sheet. Can
anyone tell me where my MathType tool bar went to? I've read all the posts
and see over and over that it is supposed to be on the ribbon but it isn't.
Thanks for listening.
--
That''''''''s it!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you are using MathType 6, you should see a MathType tab between the View
and Developer tabs. If you don't see it, I would try removing MathType and
reinstalling it.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Steven" wrote in message
I upgraded to Office 2007 Ultimate today from Office 2003. I had MathType
loaded in old Office and it was supposed to appear as a ribbon item after
upgraded today. I can't find it anywhere but if I load an old math paper
already completed and right click to edit, a very small task bar appears
minus the work table and I have to accomplish my work on the sheet. Can
anyone tell me where my MathType tool bar went to? I've read all the posts
and see over and over that it is supposed to be on the ribbon but it
isn't.
Thanks for listening.
--
That''''''''s it!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steven Steven is offline

Default MathType Tool Bar does not appear on ribbon of Office 2007 Ult

Thank you for your response. I did not even have a Developer tab displayed
until I hunted around various items and added it. There is no MathType tab
there. Thanks anyway, I appreciate your time and response.
--
That''''''''s it!

"Steven" wrote in message
I upgraded to Office 2007 Ultimate today from Office 2003. I had MathType
loaded in old Office and it was supposed to appear as a ribbon item after
upgraded today. I can't find it anywhere but if I load an old math paper
already completed and right click to edit, a very small task bar appears
minus the work table and I have to accomplish my work on the sheet. Can
anyone tell me where my MathType tool bar went to? I've read all the posts
and see over and over that it is supposed to be on the ribbon but it
isn't.
Thanks for listening.
--
That''''''''s it!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Mathews Bob Mathews is offline

What Herb implied, I'll specifically state -- If you AREN'T using
MathType 6, don't bother uninstalling and reinstalling it, because you
still won't have the MathType tab on the Ribbon. Only MathType 6 will
do that. Otherwise, Herb's instructions were valid.

Also note that after you install MathType 6, there are critical
instructions related to Word's security measures. If you just dismiss
these instructions without reading them, you're not likely to have the
tab on the Ribbon because you likely wouldn't have followed the
instructions.

--
Bob Mathews
Director of Training
bobm at dessci.com
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, MathFlow, Equation Editor

On 28-Aug-2008, "Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

If you are using MathType 6, you should see a MathType tab
between the View and Developer tabs. If you don't see it, I
would try removing MathType and reinstalling it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steven Steven is offline

Hi,
I appreciated your comments Bob. I loaded the Developer tab onto the ribbon
and still noted there is no MathType tab. One thing; I had the trial version
and let it expire. When this happens you are allowed to keep a modified
version minus a few bells and whistles. I am currently a university student
and am in two math classes on line. I have to turn in a test this Sunday and
am desperate to find the MathType somewhere on my computer so I can see what
version it is. I've only had it for one month so I am assuming it is at least
Math 6. What do you think? Could you tell me where I can locate it since it's
not on my Word screen? Also, I read the install instructions very carefully
when I installed MathType and had to go into Ofice 2003 and do some stuff I
can't remember the first time it loaded. Since it works so very well I
assumed I followed all directions on the initial install. Thanks again Bob
and Herb, it's really nice to have you guys here to assist. Steven,
Northglenn, CO
--
That''''''''s it!

"Bob Mathews" wrote:

What Herb implied, I'll specifically state -- If you AREN'T using
MathType 6, don't bother uninstalling and reinstalling it, because you
still won't have the MathType tab on the Ribbon. Only MathType 6 will
do that. Otherwise, Herb's instructions were valid.

Also note that after you install MathType 6, there are critical
instructions related to Word's security measures. If you just dismiss
these instructions without reading them, you're not likely to have the
tab on the Ribbon because you likely wouldn't have followed the
instructions.

--
Bob Mathews
Director of Training
Design Science, Inc.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Mathews Bob Mathews is offline

Steven, the Developer tab isn't necessary in order for the MathType
tab to show up, but having it there doesn't hurt anything, so you
don't need to delete it if it isn't in the way.

One thing you said that I need clarification on before we go farther
-- you "had the trial version and let it expire". You never said you
purchased MathType. One of the features that is in the full version of
MathType that isn't in MathType Lite (the expired version) is the
Ribbon tab in Word & PowerPoint 2007. If you've purchased a copy of
MathType, I can help you get the tab back. If you're trying to find
the tab with the expired version, there's nothing we can do to get it
back short of purchasing a product key. You should still be able to
use MathType Lite in Word 2007 by going to the Insert tab, and in the
Text group, click on Object. MathType Lite should be in there.

--
Bob Mathews
Director of Training

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steven Steven is offline

Bob and Herb
I went to MathType, got their phone number and called them concerning this
issue. They said this is a common issue when loading in Ofice 2007 Ultimate
and to do this:
DO NOT UNINSTALL MathType. Go to their website and click on the thirty day
free trial download. Click on the download which will detect if you have
MathType or the Lite version. Click OK and then download and install again
without uninstalling your present copy. Uninstalling your copy of MathType
confuses the MathType downlaod server and causes a lot of peoblems. It is
important not to have any open windows, especially Office programs while
downloading and installing.
Once this is accomplished there is no need to re-boot. Open Word or Excel or
any Office suite program that utilizes MathType and viola! MathType appears
between the Developer and View tabs on the ribbon and is ready to use. I did
these things and now my MathType Lite is on the ribbon and functioning
perfectly.
I'd like to thank both you guys for your assistance and always appreciate
the fact you're here to help. Hope this information is beneficial to you two
and any others who may have experienced the same thing. Thanks again. Steven,
Northglenn, CO
--
That''''''''s it!

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] gyansorova@gmail.com is offline

On Friday, August 29, 2008 at 12:36:01 PM UTC+12, Steven wrote:
I upgraded to Office 2007 Ultimate today from Office 2003. I had MathType
loaded in old Office and it was supposed to appear as a ribbon item after I
upgraded today. I can't find it anywhere but if I load an old math paper
already completed and right click to edit, a very small task bar appears
minus the work table and I have to accomplish my work on the sheet. Can
anyone tell me where my MathType tool bar went to? I've read all the posts
and see over and over that it is supposed to be on the ribbon but it isn't.
Thanks for listening.
--
That''''''''s it!

I have the same problem. It allows me to put it back in again - and I need it to reformat the equations since that other random problem happens where the equations change size. Anyway I put it back in and it disappears again next time I boot word. Microsoft crap or is it mathtype crap, I don't know