Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jane Jane is offline

Default Search within a file

We have a file with FAQ's about various job processes....

We want our users to be able to SEARCH the FAQ's without having to use Auto
Filter. I guess I would say we want the Search ability to be more free form.
Is this possible in Word?
thanks in advance, jane

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

AutoFilter??? - Word doesn't have an AutoFilter (unless they snuck one into
the 2007 Beta).

How about using EditFind (Ctrl+F)?

For other possibilities you'll need to supply more specific info, including
version of Word.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Jane" wrote in message
We have a file with FAQ's about various job processes....

We want our users to be able to SEARCH the FAQ's without having to use
Auto
Filter. I guess I would say we want the Search ability to be more free
form.
Is this possible in Word?
thanks in advance, jane

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jane Jane is offline

SOrry - the FAQ file is actually an Excel file an dI asked that group the
same question... ergo - the reference to Auto-filter.

I rarely use Word but we have Word 2002 - any suggestions?

"Jane" wrote in message
We have a file with FAQ's about various job processes....

We want our users to be able to SEARCH the FAQ's without having to use
Auto
Filter. I guess I would say we want the Search ability to be more free
form.
Is this possible in Word?
thanks in advance, jane

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Your biggest problem is that Word docs are single-user, so each user would
need their own copy if more than one needs access at a time. Depending on
the number of users that can make updates & revisions a nightmare. Without
any more additional detail I tend to doubt that Word would be the
'preferred' program for such a project. What you are actually suggesting
falls more into a data management category. The files could be done in Word
(maybe even Excel) but available through a program such as Access. You might
even consider doing the project as a PDF.
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones