Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Zynk Zynk is offline

Default Font Variations in Outline Numbering styles

I am using Word 2003

I am trying to set up and use a style for "Outline Numbering" . I can set
up the levels (for the most part -- strange things have been happening
there), but I'm wondering why I can't change the font characteristics for the
various levels.

For example,

My Normal style is set up as Arial 11pt.

When I select Outline numbering when defining a style, I base it on normal.

I would like Level 1 to be Arial 14pt bold at the left margin.
Level 2 should be Arial 12pt bold and indented and Level 3 should be Arial
11 and indented.

1. Level 1

1.1 Level 2

1.1.1 Level 3

Oops, can change the font characteristics in this notepad.

I've tried using the Font selection button when defining a level, but it
doesn't seem to work. All of my levels default to the description of the
first level. What am I doing wrong? What can I dot to get the results I
want?

Nancy Wood
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Zynk Zynk is offline

This is futher clarification...

The actual numbering is formatted based on the font selected by the font
button, however the text remains normal.

"Zynk" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

To set up numbering properly, link it to styles, one for each level.
See http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html.
By default, paragraph numbers will use the font of the linked style.
If you need it to be different, use the Font button (for the
corresponding level) in the Customize Outline Numbered List dialog
box.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP