Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
byzantine byzantine is offline

Default How to prevent field updates when Print Previewing

I'm using AUTOTEXT fields in headers and footers in Word 2007 where the
values for the autotext come from a user form. When someone sends the form
with their information to another person, if that person print previews it
the headers/footers auto update the fields and it pulls in the readers info.
I want to retain the originators information. How can I prevent this from
happening? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You could certainly lock the fields by selecting them and pressing Ctrl+F11.
(Later, when you need to unlock the fields, use Ctrl+Shift+F11.)

But it seems as if you should be able to do something more
sophisticated--assuming that this is really a user form (which I don't make
use of). You may want to ask in microsoft.public.word.vba.general.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP