dumb bunnie

Default mail merge an access db into a post card template using 4 postard.

I am trying to merge an access table into a word template from Avery for 4
post cards per sheet. I also want to be able to print both sides of the post
card at one time as my printer will do this.

Every time I try I get confused by needing two pages to print front and back
and if I have to put the fields on each of the four post cards.
I would be happy to just print the front side 1st then re enter the sheets
in the printer and print the back side but I still am confused by how to
enter the fields for the addressing.
Doug Robbins

Make a duplicate of your datasource in Excel and in an empty column, place 0
in the first row and in the second row of that column (B in my case), insert
the formula = B1 + 1. Copy that formula down for each row in the
datasource. If you got that part right, then you will have a sequence of
numbers corresponding to the record numbers, that is 0,1,2,3,4, etc. with
the 0 being in the header row. Now in Cell C2, insert the following
formula:

=IF(MOD(B2,2)=1,2*B2-B1,B2-1)

and copy it down for each record. This should give you the following
numbering sequence 2,1,4,3,6,5,8,7, etc.

Now, select this column of numbers and do a copy, paste special, selecting
the values item to convert the formulae into numbers. Now sort the data
source on this column and you should get a record set that is ordered the
way in which you need it.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP