Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
shapiro shapiro is offline

Default how to write a speech

On microsoft word I have been looking for templates or ideas to help write a
speech. Unfortuanately, it has none of any use to me, could you post some
ideas.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

This was effective for the place and time. Perhaps you can adapt it to your
needs:

Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent,
a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that
all men are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any
nation so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great
battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field,
as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that
nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do
this.

But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate-we can not consecrate-we can not
hallow-this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have
consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will
little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget
what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to
the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly
advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task
remaining before us-that from these honored dead we take increased devotion
to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion-that we
here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain-that this
nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom-and that government of
the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

shapiro wrote:
On microsoft word I have been looking for templates or ideas to help
write a speech. Unfortuanately, it has none of any use to me, could
you post some ideas.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Speeches don't need templates. Pretty fonts in an attractive layout on a
piece of paper do not make a speech. You can give a speech from notes
written in crayon on toilet paper.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"shapiro" wrote in message
On microsoft word I have been looking for templates or ideas to help write
speech. Unfortuanately, it has none of any use to me, could you post some
ideas.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Opinicus Opinicus is offline

"shapiro" wrote

On microsoft word I have been looking for templates or ideas to help write
speech.

Template for writing a speech:

1. Decide what you want to say.
2. Write it down.

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Cocktail napkin instead of toilet paper? :-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

"shapiro" wrote in message
On microsoft word I have been looking for templates or ideas to help
write a
speech. Unfortuanately, it has none of any use to me, could you post
some
ideas.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dan Freeman Dan Freeman is offline

Oh, heavens no!

It was one of those paper placemats for children (hence the crayon) from a
pizza joint somewhere. I had formal session notes but gave the presentation
from the placemat at several user groups and conferences over the next year.
It was one of my most popular presentations. g

Dan

"shapiro" wrote in message
On microsoft word I have been looking for templates or ideas to help
write a
speech. Unfortuanately, it has none of any use to me, could you post
some
ideas.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

And did you do the dot-to-dot and word find at some point over that year?
:-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]