Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rr2000 rr2000 is offline

Default copy text in a picture into a word document

When I copy a picture from a pdf document or picture and paste it as a
picture in word I cant work on it. Is there anyway that this could be pasted
as text into word or excel.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

To convert graphic text to editable text, you need to use an OCR
application. If you have a scanner, you probably received some such; or
there's Microsoft Imaging that comes with Windows. However, it's rarely
worth the effort for text *within* a graphic (as opposed to a scanned page
of text) -- the graphic generally interferes with the text recognition so
the error rate is high. It's usually quicker to re-type it from scratch than
to correct the OCR'd copy.