Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MC617 MC617 is offline

Default Convert Excel Worsheet Object

I am using Office 2003 and I have been sent a Word document with an embedded
Excel Worksheet Object. Is there any way to convert this object back to Word
text? If not, is there a way to copy Excel into Word without losing the
formatting and without making it an object?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Open the Excel object for editing, select/copy the contents to the clipboard
(i.e., don't select the object... edit the contents and select from within
the open spreadsheet), and then paste into Word. It should become a Word
table. Some of the formatting will survive... but I've yet to see it be
identical to how it appeared in Excel.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
"MC617" wrote in message
I am using Office 2003 and I have been sent a Word document with an
embedded
Excel Worksheet Object. Is there any way to convert this object back to
Word
text? If not, is there a way to copy Excel into Word without losing the
formatting and without making it an object?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Henk57[_154_] Henk57[_154_] is offline

MC617;2534325 Wrote:
I am using Office 2003 and I have been sent a Word document with an
embedded
Excel Worksheet Object. Is there any way to convert this object back to
Word
text? If not, is there a way to copy Excel into Word without losing the

formatting and without making it an object?

Thanks

Paste, and use the Smart Tag to format it as "Match Destination Table
Style" should work (I hav Word 2002 here; Word 2003 may differ
slightly).

--
Henk57
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MC617 MC617 is offline

I guess I probably should have known that it would be impossible...I really
disslike Word.

Thanks for responding!