How do make a table collapsible?

Old July 21st 08, 03:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DWatkins2008

Default How do make a table collapsible?

I am working with a table and I would like to make it collapsible so that
users can view the entire table or the can hide the sub-tasks and just have
an outline view.
Thank you for your assistance.

Old July 22nd 08, 07:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod[_2_]

Hi DWatkins2008,

Word has no built-in capacity to collapse table rows. However, if you use Word's Heading Styles appropriately, then you may be able
to get what you want by switching to Outline View and double-clicking the + symbols. Other than that, if your tables are suitably
structured, you may be able to use a macro to minimise the height of various rows (hiding rows, per se, is not possible).

--
Cheers
macropod

Old July 22nd 08, 10:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom

See if the article at http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Toggle_Data_Display.htm does
what you want.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old July 25th 08, 06:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Klaus Linke

"DWatkins2008" wrote:
I am working with a table and I would like to make it collapsible
so that users can view the entire table or the can hide the
sub-tasks and just have an outline view.

You could also try to use hidden text for the "collapsible" parts. Users can
then choose whether to view hidden text or not (... easy to do with the ¶
button, or Tools Options View). They could also choose whether to print
the hidden text (Tools Options Print).

In a table, the "hidden" formatting would need to be applied to whole rows.

More elaborately, you could use styles, and have a macro (toolbar button...)
toggle certain styles between "hidden" and "not hidden".

Regards,
Klaus

Old June 14th 22, 07:42 AM
Wilson84 Wilson84 is offline

This definitely does what you want BUT i found it limited to hiding ONE ROW ONLY. I am not great with code and have been musing over this for hours. How can i adapt the following so that a toggle hides multiple rows at a time?

Private Sub ToggleButton1_Click()
With ActiveDocument.Tables(6).Rows(4)
If .HeightRule = wdRowHeightExactly Then
.HeightRule = wdRowHeightAuto
ToggleButton1.Caption = "Ignore"
.Borders(wdBorderBottom).LineStyle = wdLineStyleSingle
.Borders(wdBorderLeft).LineStyle = wdLineStyleSingle
.Borders(wdBorderRight).LineStyle = wdLineStyleSingle
Else
ToggleButton1.Caption = "Include"
.HeightRule = wdRowHeightExactly
.Height = ".5"
.Borders(wdBorderBottom).LineStyle = wdLineStyleNone
.Borders(wdBorderLeft).LineStyle = wdLineStyleNone
.Borders(wdBorderRight).LineStyle = wdLineStyleNone
End If
End With
lbl_Exit:
Exit Sub