Chad Catlett

Default High-Lighting Text weirdness

Hello All,

I'm helping someone with a problem that baffles me.

I have one computer which I can open a document of a fairly decent
length, and I can select text in it all day long.. no problems.. just
click-n-drag to the end of the desired selection area.

The same document on another computer has different results. Often after
you've high-lighted the area you want, when you release the primary
click button it instantly de-selects the text. You can play with it and
occasionally get it, but its easier to just start at a word either
before or after the desired beginning. I've reinstalled Word 2003
several times, tried it under different user profiles to verify it isn't
something that is being stored in the customization for that
userprofile. I've nuked the userprofiles too..

Anyone seen this before? If so, have you corrected it?

Both computers are running a factory-installed versions of Word 2003. I
don't want to resort to reinstalling the second computer, I figure there
has to be a solution.

TIA!,

Chad C.
TF

The mouse hover sensitivity of the problem computer is set to a too
sensitive setting. I believe this is probably changeable in the mouse setup,
but if it isn't, you need to tweak the registry. The easiest way is to
download TweakUI from Microsoft and use that to desensitise the mouse hover.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Chad Catlett" wrote in message