hyperlink in word form

Old April 28th 05, 03:46 PM
Gail

Default hyperlink in word form

I have created a form in Word 2003. The form has many pull-down menus and
check boxes on it. I need to lock the form for users to be able to use the
pull-down menus (and because I don't want them changing it). Yet when I lock
the form (using the lock button on the toolbar), my hyperlinks (these are
internal to the form) do not work. The hyperlinks link to a different areas
in a "help" section at the end of my form. I read a previous discussion that
to use a macro to link to an unprotected part of the document, yet it ssems
the entire doc must be locked for pulldowns to work. So, how do I get
hyperlinks to work in a locked form?

Old April 28th 05, 05:28 PM
Gail

I inserted a section break after the section I wanted to protect, and only
activated the protection for that section. Yet, when I use a hyperlink in the
protected part, it should go to a named bookmark in the unprotected part of
the form (there are several named bookmarks in the unprotected part that
hyperlinks should go to). But the hyperlink does not go to the named bookmark
- it does not seem to work at all. Am I doing something wrong?

Old April 28th 05, 07:43 PM
Jay Freedman

Hi Gail,

In a protected section, clicking almost anywhere except in a form field is
ignored, and just moves the cursor to the nearest form field. The exception
is a MacroButton field. That loophole allows a macro to "fire" a hyperlink
that's nested inside the MacroButton field. This works as long as the
destination of the hyperlink is in an unprotected section or another
document or web page.

All the details are described in
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/HLinksInForms.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Not true. You can insert section breaks and protect only specific
parts of a document (the parts containing form fields).

newsgroup so all may benefit.