Michelle S. :-)

Default How do I save the "Final" view, not the "Final Showing Markup"?

I can select the FINAL view in the reviewing options, and save it in that
view; however, when I reopen the document, it is in the FINAL SHOWING MARKUP
view.

Displaying Final view does not change the document content. Unless you
Accept All Changes and Delete All Comments, they are still present in the
document, just hidden. Many users don't realize that, and some have been
greatly embarrassed or even legally liable when documents containing
"hidden" markup were sent to others. For that reason, Microsoft instituted a
Security Option to "Make hidden markup visible when opening or saving," to
make sure that users realized that markup was still present. You can turn
off this option if it suits you; just be aware that you have not actually
removed the tracked changes/comments from your document.

"Michelle S. :-)" Michelle S. wrote in
message ...