hjm

Default Saving a word doc as a web page, why does layout often stagger ?

When I try and save a word doc as a web page, the layout of text and web
tools no longer lines up like it did. For example, check boxes.
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi HJM,

You didn't mention the version of Word you're using or
the view you're using inside of Word when you create your
web document.

How a list or layout is formated along with limitations of
some browser implementations of features can affect how things
'line up'.

Do have a URL for a web and .doc version, for example of the same
document?

=======
--
Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

hjm

I am using word 2003 and normal view when creating document. This is for a
software application so there is not a url. Intent is to save word doc as a
web page and be able to upload this document into my application as a form to
be filled out.

"hjm" wrote in message ...
When I try and save a word doc as a web page, the layout of text and web
tools no longer lines up like it did. For example, check boxes.
--
Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi H.J.M.,

The 'normal' view is a draft view and doesn't show true layout.
Use the Web layout view or even the Print Layout view, especially
if you're using the HTML Form Fields from the Web Forms toolbar.

===========
"hjm" wrote in message ...
I am using word 2003 and normal view when creating document. This is for a
software application so there is not a url. Intent is to save word doc as a
web page and be able to upload this document into my application as a form to
be filled out.
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

For Everyday MS Office tips to "use right away" -
http://microsoft.com/events/series/a...andtricks.mspx

hjm

Exactly. However, I am using both of these to view and these views show that
the images and text are lined up. It only changes when I "save as" a web
page. Am I missing something??

"hjm" wrote in message ...
I am using word 2003 and normal view when creating document. This is for a
software application so there is not a url. Intent is to save word doc as a
web page and be able to upload this document into my application as a form to
be filled out.
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

For Everyday MS Office tips to "use right away" -
http://microsoft.com/events/series/a...andtricks.mspx

page number printing on a merged report Print Page # On Merged Report Mailmerge 6 October 17th 05 05:18 AM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Wordperfect Office 2000 conversion to Word 2003 MikeE New Users 1 March 21st 05 01:04 AM
word should let me change the page layout of the current page onl. Shitiz Bansal Microsoft Word Help 1 February 17th 05 07:09 AM