After copying a document online I can no longer "save as."

Old April 25th 06, 06:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default After copying a document online I can no longer "save as."

Hi. While online I copied and tried to save a text from a web page which
I'd done many times before. This time I could not. The program freezes with
the striped "wait" cylinder and I have to control/delete. Presently I cannot
use "save as" for any Word document that was on my computer at that time.
I downloaded MSWord updates and can "save as" for any new documents, only.
I'm assuming malicious code and do not know what to do.

Thanks.
Pam
Old April 25th 06, 06:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See: You may experience problems in Windows Explorer or in the Windows shell
after you install security update MS06-015
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=918165

If you aren't comfortable with editing the Windows registry yourself, then
go to http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and scroll down to Item
No. 383 "Hewlett-Packard's Share-to-Web software - Fix". Download and run
the script to automatically modify your registry as described in KB918165.
You may need to temporarily disable your antivirus program in order to run
the script.

A revised version of the update is supposed to be released today, Tuesday,
April 25, to fix these problems. It allows the old non-conforming software
that they know about to run.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Pam M." Pam wrote in message
Hi. While online I copied and tried to save a text from a web page which
I'd done many times before. This time I could not. The program freezes
with
the striped "wait" cylinder and I have to control/delete. Presently I
cannot
use "save as" for any Word document that was on my computer at that time.
I downloaded MSWord updates and can "save as" for any new documents, only.
I'm assuming malicious code and do not know what to do.

Thanks.
Pam

Preventing copying of a protected document Patty M Microsoft Word Help 1 December 31st 05 02:05 AM
Old mailmerge document no longer handling zip codes right Roscoe Mailmerge 1 December 18th 05 07:02 AM
Copying a document with Headers into another document? shirleycu Microsoft Word Help 1 November 12th 05 05:52 PM
Word online document Gman1959 Microsoft Word Help 1 January 12th 05 05:03 PM
Copying a word table into another word document mszingy Microsoft Word Help 1 November 23rd 04 10:15 PM