Double quotation marks

Old December 19th 06, 03:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Timothy

Default Double quotation marks

Help...why do apostrophe marks and parentheses only appear in pairs (ie, I
have to hit the button twice and then they appear in sets). These are located
on the same key on my laptop.

Old December 19th 06, 05:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Timothy

Yes, on the same key next to my enter button. The direction of the
parenthesis is indeterminable but the apostrophe is 'right'.

Old December 19th 06, 08:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

Make sure your keyboard is set to the correct language (Control Panel
Regional Options). I forget the details but some keyboard languages use the
quote key as a prefix to produce an accent on the following character and do
not produce anything on screen until the second key is pressed. You may find
that pressing something like quote-enter or quote-space produces a single
quote character - again I forget the details.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You have the apostrophe and a parenthesis (left or right?) on the same
key?

so
all may benefit.

Old December 19th 06, 08:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Timothy

Many thanks. Space bar does the trick. My language settings are all set to
one form of English or another (international, US, etc).