Office 2007 Word New Document

Old April 24th 07, 04:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
J.Pod.

Default Office 2007 Word New Document

In Word 2007 "New blog post" comes up as one of the options in "Blank and
Recent" when you click on the new file icon. I don't want blog posts
available to our students. Is there a way to remove that template?
Old April 24th 07, 06:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

I'm sure there is a more elegant fix, but it appears that the Blog option is
based on a template of the same name. If you go to C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\1033 you can rename or remove the template
file - Blog.dotx. The option will still be in the choices but Word won't be
able to access the necessary file. The message that appears if you select it
discloses no information on how to correct the "problem" & you can go on to
use Word otherwise once you click OK.

I don't know of any way to keep it from appearing as an option, however.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones