Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] wmilam@milamsupply.com is offline

Default Mail merge weirdness

I am using 2007 to merge an excel file into a document. For a while
it worked fine. Now, one of the fields is inserting 12:00 AM instead
of the text that is in the field. I have removed and reinserted the
field. I have verified that its looking at the right file. I'm sure
it is something dumb I have done.

I have tried to create a new document and see if it pulls correctly
but its the same. I suspect that the problem is in my worksheet but I
am lost.

Wes

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

I am using 2007 to merge an excel file into a document. For a while
it worked fine. Now, one of the fields is inserting 12:00 AM instead
of the text that is in the field. I have removed and reinserted the
field. I have verified that its looking at the right file. I'm sure
it is something dumb I have done.

I have tried to create a new document and see if it pulls correctly
but its the same. I suspect that the problem is in my worksheet but I
am lost.

Can you show us an example of what you see in the field in Excel?

Does this column have mixed information? Such as text and numbers, or
dates and numbers?

Did you change the order of the records (rows) in the worksheet since
mail merge last worked correctly? Or add any new rows at the top? If
yes, what kind of field entries are now at the top, and how do they
differ from what was there previously?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org