Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
synapse88 synapse88 is offline

Default How to protect image in Word from being deleted

I needed to take a standard, established paper form and output data from a
SQL Server on top of this form, so I created a Crystal Report with a image of
the form and the data fields on top of it by f

Now I can export to a Word Document, and the only problem is when the user
is clicking through the fields to fill them in, if he he/she isn't careful
and clicks outside of a data field then the picture (aka the form) is
selected and if they tap backspace or delete the picture/form is deleted, and
all that's left is the data fields.

Is there any way in Word to protect this image from being deleted?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

synapse88 wrote:
I needed to take a standard, established paper form and output data
from a SQL Server on top of this form, so I created a Crystal Report
with a image of the form and the data fields on top of it by f

Now I can export to a Word Document, and the only problem is when the
user is clicking through the fields to fill them in, if he he/she
isn't careful and clicks outside of a data field then the picture
(aka the form) is selected and if they tap backspace or delete the
picture/form is deleted, and all that's left is the data fields.

Is there any way in Word to protect this image from being deleted?

Insert it in the header as a floating graphic, positioned where necessary
(http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/AnchorToHeader.htm). The user would have
to open the header pane in order to select it, which isn't likely.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
synapse88 synapse88 is offline

Thank you for the idea...but the image gets inserted programatically by Crystal

Any others out there?