Debbiel123 Debbiel123 is offline
Junior Member

Default Auto update references to sections in text

How do I link numbered section headings to references to the paragraph number in text of a document so that if the number changes, it changes throughout the document? In other words, if I have a 70 page document with legal numbered sections and paragraphs, if I delete, say section 2.1 and 2.2 is now 2.1, if I want each reference to 2.2 in the text of the document to change to 2.1, how do I accomplish that?

Thanks!

Last edited by Debbiel123 : December 4th 09 at 10:37 PM
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Cross-references don't update automatically. They should update when you
print or switch to Print Preview, or you can update manually with Ctrl+A,
F9.

http://word.mvps.org

news

--