Niall

Default Round Down Merge field

Hi

I have got the following field in a mail merge document:

{={MERGEFIELD Annual_Rent}/4}

I am trying to round down the result to 2 decimal places and tried:

{=ROUNDDOWN({MERGEFIELD Annual_Rent}/4,2)}

but just get a syntax error. Can anyone help? Thanks
Greg

Niall,

Word has no specific RoundUp or RoundDown feature, only round. .5 and
higher is rounded up values .5 are rounded down. You have to use a
constant to force a rounddown or up. In your case you need to subtract
..005 from your
earlier calculation e.g.,
{=round({={MFAR}/4-.005},2}

4zelka4 4zelka4 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg View Post
Niall,

Word has no specific RoundUp or RoundDown feature, only round. .5 and
higher is rounded up values .5 are rounded down. You have to use a
constant to force a rounddown or up. In your case you need to subtract
..005 from your
earlier calculation e.g.,
{=round({={MFAR}/4-.005},2}
Hey there,
I have a similar problem. I have mergefield with expression:
{ =PRODUCT(Price;0,85)} the result is for example is 132,859
and I need it to be rounded down to 2 decimal places as well, so 132,85.
I tried your function but it doesnt work for me.