Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jim Norton Jim Norton is offline

Default Email Mail Merge and Windows 7

Hi

I'm trying to do an email mail merge using Office 2003 SP2 in Windows 7 RTM.
Merging to make an HTML email body works fine, but all the other option
(plain text, merge to RTF file, merge to DOC file) all fail to send the
email. No error, just nothing sends. All these options work fine in XP and
Vista.

Is there something that needs enabling/installing in Windows 7 to allow
these options to work?

Jim
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I don't have a solution, but you are certainly not alone, because
someone else asked this back in June (see the conversation at
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...r=US&sloc=&p=1

The guy did post in the Windows 7 communities after that, but I don't
think anyone was seriously answering questions there by that point.

Since you must be using Outlook to mail HTML at all, you could try the
general approaches suggested in my message in this group titled "
Email Mail Merge" and dated 01 Sep 2009. The approaches require VBA and
merges as an attachment. I think I had some code that merged to a plain
text body only but cannot find it right now.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk
Visit Londinium at http://www.ralphwatson.tv

Jim Norton wrote:
Hi

I'm trying to do an email mail merge using Office 2003 SP2 in Windows 7 RTM.
Merging to make an HTML email body works fine, but all the other option
(plain text, merge to RTF file, merge to DOC file) all fail to send the
email. No error, just nothing sends. All these options work fine in XP and
Vista.

Is there something that needs enabling/installing in Windows 7 to allow
these options to work?

Jim

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jim Norton[_2_] Jim Norton[_2_] is offline

Thanks Peter

We've already tried the simple/extended mapi idea from that thread and
despite running a number of tests confirming simple MAPI was working, the
mail merges still didn't go through.

Thanks for the code workaround. I already have something like that, but it's
important for the task I'm doing that it's possible the 'normal' way through
Word. I'll try on the Windows 7 forums and see what I can find.