Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wjh59

Default delete multiple rows

Is there a means to delete multiple rows in a Word 2003 table?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

Select the rows & click the Cut button (or use TableDeleteRows).

Pressing the Delete key simply deletes the content of the row(s), not the
rows.

HTH |:)

Is there a means to delete multiple rows in a Word 2003 table?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wjh59

I tried the method suggested by highlighting multiple rows in a table and
then using "CUT." The information was deleted but not the rows. The
"DELETE" option in the TABLE menu is grayed out when trying multiple
selections of rows for deletion.
Thanks for the reply, none the less.

Is there a means to delete multiple rows in a Word 2003 table?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Make sure you are selecting the rows and not just the contents. You must
include the end-of-row markers. This is easiest to do if you select using
the mouse in the left margin. You should find Delete Rows on the shortcut
(right-click) menu when you do this.

"wjh59" wrote:

Is there a means to delete multiple rows in a Word 2003 table?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wjh59

Thanks for the reply. I typically use the left margin to block a row to
include the end of row markers. I retried the process again and now the
"delete rows" menu is useable. Perhaps, I'm losing touch with observation to
actualization. The solution is achieved.

"wjh59" wrote:

Is there a means to delete multiple rows in a Word 2003 table?

t-lo t-lo is offline
Junior Member

Let me try to describe Word's behavior in this case, as I've observed it.
  • If you bulk select subsequent rows (regardless whether with the mouse or with the keyboard by using the Shift-key), you can actually delete the rows at once. Word then enables the functions "Delete rows" or "Delete cells..."
  • However, if you cherry-pick the rows one by one, by holding down the Ctrl-key, Word prohibits the bulk deletion of the table rows. You can only empty them.
This behavior is very odd in my opinion (it's still there in Word 2010!). I guess we have to deal with it.

*sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjh59 View Post