Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ginny Ginny is offline

Default Automatically save a Word document in 2 locations

I'd like to know if I can automatically save a Word document in 2 locations.
I would like to save documents on my desktop and in my documents since my
documents is on the network and backed up. The desktop is not backed up but
is more convenient for me to access my files. Is this possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 15:15:01 -0700, Ginny
wrote:

I'd like to know if I can automatically save a Word document in 2 locations.
I would like to save documents on my desktop and in my documents since my
documents is on the network and backed up. The desktop is not backed up but
is more convenient for me to access my files. Is this possible?

There's a macro in the article http://www.gmayor.com/automatically_backup.htm
that can save to two locations in one action.

However, it really isn't recommended to store documents on the desktop. A better
idea would be to put shortcuts on the desktop, pointing to the actual document
files in the My Documents folder.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman