Dee

Default Changing the order of pages in a document

Is there a quick way of changing the order of pages in a document. For
example, if I have a 10 page document and I want page 8 to now be page 1 and
page 6 to be page 2 etc.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Dee
Jay Freedman

On Fri, 28 Oct 2005 14:10:03 -0700, Dee
wrote:

Is there a quick way of changing the order of pages in a document. For
example, if I have a 10 page document and I want page 8 to now be page 1 and
page 6 to be page 2 etc.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Dee

If each page starts with a heading, all of them at the same level,
then you can switch to Outline view and collapse the view to that
heading level. Then you can drag a heading to a new position, and all
the material under that heading will be moved with it.

If your document doesn't meet that condition, the best you can do is
to select the page contents, cut to the clipboard, and paste it at the
new location.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Graham Mayor

Word is not a page layout application and so the 'pages' of a document are
transient and made up of several independent elements. Depending on what the
pages contain, you *may* find the following macro will work for you (and
don't forget CTRL+Z will undo mistakes!)

Sub PageMove()
sNumber = InputBox("Move to location before which page?", "Move Page", 1)
ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("\page").Range.Cut
Selection.GoTo What:=wdGoToPage, Which:=wdGoToNext, Name:=sNumber
Selection.Paste
End Sub

Dee wrote:
Is there a quick way of changing the order of pages in a document. For
example, if I have a 10 page document and I want page 8 to now be
page 1 and page 6 to be page 2 etc.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Dee

Tony Jollans

As has already been said, Word doesn't really have a 'page' unit and if you
do move a complete page you may find text reflowed so that it isn't a 'page'
any more.

But if your pages are delimited in such a way as to prevent this then you
may find it worth zooming out so you can see all your pages at once and then
selecting complete pages and clicking and dragging them where you want them
to be.

--
Enjoy,
Tony