Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tvscrtiptgirl

Default how can i print all the pages of a document that have a specific w

I have a 200 page document and I would like to know if there is a command or
macro that could print all the pages that contain a specific word. Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Ewwwwwwwww

If it was my project, I'd convert it to a .pdf file, search that .pdf file
for the word in question, make note of the page numbers, and then enter
those in the printer dialog box. Okay, not pretty, not fast BUT I guarantee
you that it would be faster for me to do that than for you to fiddle around
with creating a macro to do something you may only do once or twice. ;-)

I'm sure someone else will be able to help you with another method but this
way will work. If you don't have Adobe Acrobat (not the free Reader)
available, I usually recommend PrimoPDF (www.primopdf.com). It's free and
will come in handy on other projects.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"tvscrtiptgirl" wrote in message
I have a 200 page document and I would like to know if there is a command
or
macro that could print all the pages that contain a specific word. Any
help
would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tvscrtiptgirl

Default how can i print all the pages of a document that have a specif

Thank you for your help... that's what I had been doing and it's something I
do quite often, which is why I was wondering if there was a way to do it
faster, as I am often rushing to print out all the pages and am always
worried that I missed one.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm sure there's probably a better way, but it would require VBA, and I'm
not a coder.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

There's no reason you couldn't do the same thing in Word: search for the
word, make a note of the page numbers, and then enter them in the Print
dialog.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
Ewwwwwwwww

If it was my project, I'd convert it to a .pdf file, search that .pdf

file
for the word in question, make note of the page numbers, and then

enter
those in the printer dialog box. Okay, not pretty, not fast BUT I

guarantee
you that it would be faster for me to do that than for you to fiddle

around
with creating a macro to do something you may only do once or twice.

;-)