Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DRPHG DRPHG is offline

Default How to scan form, fill out, delete the form, then print fill-ins?

I have 2 pre-printed forms to fill out. I would like to scan these 2 forms
into Word as a template. Then I could fill in the blanks/check
boxes/narrative and print. The problem is that I need to delete the
templates so I can print only my fill-ins on the 2 original pre-printed forms
that are loaded into the printer.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Unless this is to be a repetitive task, the work involved for creating two
forms is simply not worth the effort. Use a pen or a typerwriter.
If you insist on proceeding then scan the form as a graphic and insert it
*full size* (ideally into the page header) and set its layout option to
'behind text'. You can then build a form over the image using tables and
form fields and print the document with the following macro

Sub PrintForm()
Dim sPrint As Boolean
sPrint = Options.PrintDrawingObjects
Options.PrintDrawingObjects = False
With ActiveDocument
.PrintFormsData = True
.PrintOut
End With
Options.PrintDrawingObjects = sPrint
End Sub

If you are very lucky the printout will match your original form.