Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jake Jake is offline

Default W2003 refuses to print page range..

Hi,

We use MS Office 2003 with all SPs.

Users are logged on to a domain and use both local- and network printers.

If a user requests to print page 2-13 for a 13 page document nothing is
printed. If he selects 'all pages' everything prints correctly.

Is this a known issue, and what should we try for fix the problem..?

Another annoying 'feature' regarding print jobs (both domain-wise and
local) is the 'Access denied' messages we get when trying to erase or
cancel a print job in the queue.

Thanks for comments and tips ,-)

jake
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Is each page a separate section? If so there will only be one 'page' so
pages 2-13 correctly prints nothing. In such circumstances, select s2-s13.

Jake wrote:
Hi,

We use MS Office 2003 with all SPs.

Users are logged on to a domain and use both local- and network
printers.
If a user requests to print page 2-13 for a 13 page document nothing
is printed. If he selects 'all pages' everything prints correctly.

Is this a known issue, and what should we try for fix the problem..?

Another annoying 'feature' regarding print jobs (both domain-wise and
local) is the 'Access denied' messages we get when trying to erase or
cancel a print job in the queue.

Thanks for comments and tips ,-)

jake

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

You need to include the SECTION as well as the pages in a document
containing sections. This is clearly explained in Help on printing. Example:
s2p2-s3p13 or if all the pages are in the same section, then just s2 will
suffice.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Jake" wrote in message
Hi,

We use MS Office 2003 with all SPs.

Users are logged on to a domain and use both local- and network printers.

If a user requests to print page 2-13 for a 13 page document nothing is
printed. If he selects 'all pages' everything prints correctly.

Is this a known issue, and what should we try for fix the problem..?

Another annoying 'feature' regarding print jobs (both domain-wise and
local) is the 'Access denied' messages we get when trying to erase or
cancel a print job in the queue.

Thanks for comments and tips ,-)

jake

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

That range won't work, Terry--has to be p2s2-p13s3. It's counterintuitive,
but at least it's the order in which the sections and pages are listed on
the status bar through Word 2003.

http://word.mvps.org