mcse4hugh

Default Can I translate English to/from Russian in Office XP ?

I have a friend in Russia and I would like to convert my English Emails and
Word documents to Russian for her to read easier and I would like for her to
be able to send me Emails and Documents in her native language and then
translate them to English on my end. I am running Office XP pro.

If you have the requisite proofing tools installed, Word 2003 will let you
translate from one language to another one word at a time, and if you have
Internet access, it will also take you to an online machine translation site
that will provide a rough translation of an entire block of text. I am not
sure that this feature is available in Word 2002, but even if it is, it's
only suitable for getting a very rough idea of the meaning of text in a
foreign language; I would not depend on it for text you intend to send (let
the recipient use such a service if necessary).