Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
tfagin tfagin is offline

Default drop-down list - multiple lines per selection

I am trying to create a drop down list that has about 5 options, each with
about 11 lines of text. Additionally, the last few lines of text are
indented.

can this be done, and if so, does the document have to be protected to use
the drop-down list?

I am using MS Office XP Small Business with Word 2002, although other users
with different versions will access this document.
--
Thanks for your help, tfagin
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

No, it can't be done. The dropdown form field allows only one line per
entry.

If each entry can be given a meaningful name, you may be able to store
the multiline entries as AutoText and use an AutoTextList field. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...toTextList.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 17:45:00 -0800, tfagin
wrote:

I am trying to create a drop down list that has about 5 options, each with
about 11 lines of text. Additionally, the last few lines of text are
indented.

can this be done, and if so, does the document have to be protected to use
the drop-down list?

I am using MS Office XP Small Business with Word 2002, although other users
with different versions will access this document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
tfagin tfagin is offline

Jay,

Thanks for your help. I tried it and it seems to be working well on my own
computer. But when others try to use it, they don't have the same list.
They have a big default list from MS Word.

How can I get the Auto Text List to travel with the document, so any user in
my company will see it?
--
Thanks, tfagin

"tfagin" wrote:

I am trying to create a drop down list that has about 5 options, each with
about 11 lines of text. Additionally, the last few lines of text are
indented.

can this be done, and if so, does the document have to be protected to use
the drop-down list?

I am using MS Office XP Small Business with Word 2002, although other users
with different versions will access this document.
--
Thanks for your help, tfagin

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

AutoText entries can't be stored in documents, only in templates. If you can
arrange to have one template that all the users can access, such as in a
network shared folder, or by creating the form in a template instead of as a
document, then the AutoTextList scheme can be made to work. Otherwise, go
with Graham's suggestion.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman